Saturday, May 8, 2010

Jane Iredale Mineral Makeups

I got some Jane Iredale mineral makeups because my esthetician highly recommended them. I've been getting facial from the same esthetician for a while, and she only uses produces from Glymed and she carries Jane Iredale makeups. So I trusted her and ordered a loose mineral powder, 2 blushes, and a lipstick. Overall, I have to say that I wasn't too impressed, and I don't think they are completely worthy of the price.

First item I got was the Amazing Base SPF 20 Loose Mineral Powder in Amber ($42.00).

Here's what the packaging looks like, pretty cool.


The powder is pretty easy to apply, I just use a Kabuki brush I got from the Body Shop to apply. The color looks great on me but I don't think the coverage is as great as advertised. I definitely have to use some concealer for certain spots before I put this on.

Here's list of ingredients used, supposed to be all natural and good for the skin.


I was all psyched when my esthetician told me that this is a "skin care makeup", and it's actually good for my skin and etc. I don't know if it actually helps to make my skin better, but it doesn't feel too thick or doesn't seem to clog my pores, which is good news. I haven't tried the loose mineral powder from other brands yet, so I can't comment on its quality in comparison to other brands, but so far so good.


I also got two PurePressed blushes ($26.00 each, yeah I know!) from Jane Iredale. I loved the colors on me. The main problem I have with these is that the color tend to fade away really fast. I wish they would last longer. I guess this is what you get when you go for something natural.

Here's the packaging:



The PurePressed Blush in Parfait: pinky blush, great color and it really freshens up my face.


The PurePressed Blush in Tawny: light peachy color, and very subtle.


Here are the swatches, Parfait on left, Tawny on right:


Last thing I got was a lipstick. I would not recommend getting lipsticks from Jane Iredale. I loved the color, but it is not pigmented as I would like, and I really had to layer it up to the color to show. When I do that, it somehow really brings out the tiny lines on my lips, and it's not very moisturizing.

Lip Colour by Jane Iredale in Erin ($19):


I did 3 layers on this swatch, and it still doesn't really show the bright pink color, that's how not pigmented it is. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment